Monday, November 22, 2010

Portrait Pieces...3 down accessories to go!

Here is sweet Bellie's dress.



I based it off of this dress and made my own pattern.




I got this dress from Tracie as a hand me down and absolutely love love love the color and different sized polka dots. But the cut is so incredibly cute too! Simple A-line, bib front, and cute gathered sleeve.



I changed it up a bit by moving the closure to the back and adding a bib detail to the front rather than the closure. I thought it would take up too much of my precious print fabric!





I used grey double fold bias tape to finish the neckline and bottom hem of the dress. Best of all this dress only needs about 20" of fabric...less than 2/3 yard!

So, is this something you guys would like to see a tutorial for? I took pics of everything but it is a very very simple dress!

Now I just need to add some fabric to the belt on my dress and hopefully *fingers crossed* I have enough fabric to make each of the puppies a bow! Because seriously there isn't any more of this fabric for sale anywhere online! AH!

Linking up with...

UndertheTableandDreaming 

Love and Hugs,

3 comments:

Alida L. said...

Adorable! I would personally love a tutorial for the dress!

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

Oh my goodness! It's adorable! Love the fabric and all of the little details...

Nancy said...

Tutorial? YES PLEASE!!! This dress is sooo adorable and then hearing that it takes less than a yard- WOW!!!