Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My Crinkly scarf ala Ruffles and Stuff

I saw this scarf Disney from Ruffles and Stuff made back around the end of April. I loved it so much I made one of my own!



I followed her directions other than I only got a yard of fabric so I only had a 36 x 44 inch piece of fabric. So I used the longer side and made the scarf about 18 x 44 instead of the 60" Disney suggests. It turned out fine, not as full as I had hoped it would be. It probably would have been, had I used the 60". But it took me all of 10 minutes and it looks like one of those ones you would find at Buckle!

So head on over to see Ms. Disney and make your own non-chemically treated crinkly scarf!

PS. Excuse the kookie look on my face, I'm still getting used to being in front of the camera!

4 comments:

butterflytam said...

I like your kookie face! :) Cute scarf too, by the way!

Alida L. said...

Your scarf came out great! I have a question for you...did you take the time to unravel all the little fringes? I tried to follow DIsney's tutorial last night and after an HOUR of unravelling I hadn't even gotten the first side done!

B said...

Hello! I just found your blog for the first time and I'm loving it so far! I love those crinkly scarfs but they're always so expensive so I'm TOTALLY making my own! Thanks for the inspiration. I'm a new follower! :D

Princess Muhmah said...

I'm loving your blog. I'd like to see the table and chairs tutorial, but the hyperlink brings me to this scar tutorial. Is the table one still posted somewhere?