Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Matching cosmetic bag!

I've had this Clinique cosmetic bag since I was...oh maybe 15 years old!


I remember my bff Teresa gave it to me. I LOVED that it was bright bright pink. I loved that it zipped closed and as a 15 year old I didn't have nor need all that much makeup. Now that I am a grown Momma and have lots to hold it sort of needs to be a bit bigger. See..I LOVE these palettes from Urban Decay and I would kind of like them to fit inside. Not that I use them everyday I just like the option to have them at my fingertips instead of having to dig into the "surplus" makeup drawer bag. I make it sound like I have tons, not at all. It just kind of irritates me that it is all thrown into a drawer because it doesn't have "real" home.

Here is what I came up with!


So apparently my camera or my computer lost the images of the step by step so I'll walk you through it without pics. If you have any questions feel free to leave them in the comments!

All you need for this bag is...
a bit of velcro (sew on or iron on works!)
2 scraps of rectangular fabric one for the lining one for the outside (mine measured (18 x 20 I think and its a bit big...)

Start by placing the lining and outer pieces together right sides together. Stitch down the 18" (shorter sides). Turn right side out and press.

Then you can either iron on (what I chose because I had it on hand) or stitch on your velcro to the 18" sides. Leave about 1/4-1/2 inch on each side for your seam allowance.

Fold the fabric in half outsides together and stitch the short sides without velcro. Leave it lining side out for the next step.

We want our bag to have some dimension so we need to put the side seam and the bottom crease together to make a triangle. I measured 3 inches down the seam and marked a line then stitched along it on both sides. Then you can pink off the extra or zig zag it and trim.

Finally turn right side out and fill with your cosmetics!



I LOVE that this bag holds everything! AND if I am going on a trip I could even throw my cleanser, toner, and moisturizer in there as well. Probably my travel shampoo and brushes too! haha it did turn out quite large which is ok with me, it just means that I get to buy more eyeshadow palettes to fill it up!

I've been eyeing this one ,this one, and this one!

Love and Hugs,





PS. If you ever need any makeup help/advice check out these two lovely ladies and I'm sure they'll have an answer for you!

Ms. Becki from Whippy Cake who also has really great hair tutorials.

Ms. Kandee Johnson from Kandeeland. She really is fun to watch! Dontcha think? She is responsible for my cheshire cat and queen of hearts makeup as well!

No comments: