Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Rice Box

Since I finished my skirts on Saturday I decided to finally finish my rice box on Sunday and start the Queen of Hearts on a fresh week. This little rice box was a welcomed change. No thinking involved just painting!

I took this thrifty find:


And turned it into this!


A cute storage container for our rice. We buy it in 10 pound bags from the Asian store and I am always worried that I am going to get bugs in it. Because we just keep it in it's bag in the pantry with a little clip on it. Kinda like a massive chip clip. Only since the bag is so big it makes the clip look kinda small. I'm sure a bug can weasel it's way into it!

I gave this sucker a good scrub down. And let it dry followed by several coats of dover white spray paint. Finally traced the oblong bracket shape thing onto it and painted it with black chalkboard paint free hand. I really like the way it turned out and I can't wait to fill it up with rice!

Love and Hugs,